Thursday, July 23, 2009

So, how are you/what's up?

What, honestly, is the point of asking this if 1) You don't really care about the answer and 2) The other person will just say "nm" and go back to ignoring you?

Sure, it's polite, and sometimes it's nice to be asked. But most of the time when you give an actual answer, like, "I'm really tired" or "About to have lunch, you?" The conversation just stops there. Can't anyone come up with something more creative to ask, or at least respond to your reply? I hate when I put a lot of effort into keeping a conversation going and just get one word answers.

Oh, wonderful. Someone just sent me a message on Facebook asking "why r u so weird". You'd think they'd have something better to do at fricking 1 am... like uh, sleeping? I don't really know quite how to feel about this. On one hand, I admire her for being straight up about it instead of just gossiping about me. On the other hand, it's just completely rude.

Also -- wait, she just replied. "are u bi". How creative, man. People are stupid.

By the way, Ember, I have been reading your posts. Sorry for not commenting, and sorry that this is my first post since this blog started... I just didn't know what to talk about until now. Hope I did this right.

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more, Emma. I do hate it when people give tiny responses that don’t reflect what they’re feeling or doing at all. Of course, some people only ask that to be polite anyway and getting a real answer would irritate them.

    Maybe every once in a while someone (like you did) should ask the question on this blog, and then everyone can give a real answer, tell what’s really going on, deeper than the surface.

    Well, whoever asked you that certainly is rude. Did you do something to make her say that? *shrugs* I get told that all the time, as do the other kachinas, but I think it’s just *because* we’re kachinas. People like to tease and make fun of us. I think they’re just jealous. *laughs*

    Oh, thank you for reading the posts! I’m sorry if it felt like/sounded like I was complaining about that. I just didn’t know if anyone was reading the posts, and if no one was, I was going to write things in my journal instead (it’s easier). But, since Blaze snooped around in there, I don’t feel completely safe writing in that either. *laughs ruefully*

    ~Ember

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I just realized that I didn't even answer the question! Alright, here's my answer:

    I'm doing alright, I've been better, I've been much worse. I've honestly been a little nervous and suspicious ever since Blaze found my journal. He must have read a lot of things that I never wanted anyone to know. What if he tells everyone? Or even just a couple of peoplpe? Oh, that would be awful!

    The Fire Lord also hasn't been in the best mood lately. There was even an execution yesterday! It was that rebellioius-seeming peasant he was having trouble with a while ago. So because of that, things are just very tense around, which in turn makes every*one* tense.

    The most annoying part of the execution was that the Fire Lord wouldn't really say what the man had done! (And he was human, by the way.) It wasn't like he tried to hide it exactly, he just didn't say anything. I asked Coal, and he said he knew, but he wouldn't tell. I think he likes having secrets, to be honest.

    Hmm, maybe that was *too* long of an answer. It was like a whole post. I'm sorry! *laughs* Bet you'll never ask me how I'm doing again! *smiles*

    ~Ember

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel flippant, boisterous, and downright euphoric. Those are words people should use to answer that question! And once she learns to read, maybe that person who messaged you can carry a little thesaurus around, and be more creative in her phrasing.

    ReplyDelete